Tuesday, February 8, 2011

New York Times - Teenage driving

So I just read the article in the New York Times about teenage driving and I don't think I actually realized how serious it is. Rodney Thompson should have been enough of a wake up call for all of us students at Homestead but I hope that no one has to learn the hard way. I'm going to make sure that I don't text and drive and do my best to have my friends do the same, it's not worth risking your life. The article showed how many kids really do text and drive even with both hands no on the wheel going 60 mph. Now with the new law that fines people who text and drive I think it will greatly reduce accidents. Cell phones are just now getting popular the last few years and they never really had to worry about this until now, but at least something is being done.

1 comment:

  1. Nice personal blog, Abbey, but the reading and logging are a little below the pace we're trying to set. We're shooting for 150 pages a week of pop fiction. Here, for two weeks of reading, I see only 75 pages logged, a fair bit below the 300 that should be here.

    ReplyDelete